How Can Parents Make Correlation between Teens Emotions and Motives
When I was teen, I was struggling against stirred emotions and wanted to become a writer. Novel and poetry is my favorite reading books that were satisfied my emotions. Conversely my parents had not bothered for my interest and arranged my marriage in the age of twenty. My hopes were fainted but I couldn’t depart myself from reading and writing. Now I am writing blog for parents so that they try to understand their teen’s emotions and help them to cultivate make a correlation between their emotions and goals.
What are Emotions
Emotions are some positive and negative biological reactions of human body and mind that can make them superior or inferior in their future life. These reactions take place in the form of love, joy, affection, pleasure, anger, pity, sorrow, jealousy, trust etc. Presence of these emotions of human beings make a considerable difference between human and other creatures on the Earth. Emotions are the chief reasons to perform various types of activities. Uncountable activities, a person has done in his life that is guided by his/her emotions. Emotions play a vital role in developing period – childhood to adulthood. This accidental journey, takes a magical turn to develop a habit of day dreaming, laziness, work shirker and hard worker. Being an industrious individual for teens in these critical years is cumbersome. Power of dreams should be realized. Therefore I am writing a blog so that parents must aware about what their teens are facing. There are two types of situations – first is – Outer dazzling and charming world is calling them to join the colorful globe accompanied by their male and female friends for dating, shopping, a long safari by new model cars and full time connectivity with social media. Second is – fully different circumstances in homes. Parents introduce them each day with a list of socially prohibited activities and force them to do study the whole day. Parents always discuss their own ambitions and say them to attain. This instructional home weather often raises their temper. They think….
What a combination of repulsive habitat!
What do Teens Want?
- Parents should try to know –‘ What do they want?’ Except their own ambitions.
- How do they feel and why do they feel so?
- Parents should keep in their minds- they feel they are special.
- They cultivate a faith – he/she is the smartest young and get worried if they are not.
- He/she wants proper development in their body parts.
- He/she wants to become a model on social media.
- They want unlimited fun and relationship with opposite sex.
- They want latest designed dresses, personal smart phones and beauty salon sittings.
- Day dreaming satisfies their wishes then work.
- Disconnection with social media is a terrify trouble that make them annoyed.
- Economic independence is their heartiest desire.
- Interference of parents and teachers [in their thinking and laziness] is like as an abuse or poison.
- They want to show, they are alert consumer and smart shopper.
- A few conscious teens want to change their dreams into goals.
What do Parents Want
- Parents want their teens should never keep a secret that may put them into trouble any time.
- They should spend much time in study.
- Their deer teens should stand topper in class.
- They should never demand for costly and branded articles.
- They should be stayed in front row of school activities as well as social.
- They want to appreciate their adolescent’s qualities in the society to satisfy their natural tendency of self respect.
- They should keep away themselves from mobiles.
How do Adolescents Response?
- Teens often ignore their advice.
- They think – talking about work hard for study is a useless matter.
- They hardly cooperate with the economic conditions of parents.
- Much use of social sites, listening music, watching movies, eating junk food and aimless wandering are becoming their hobbies.
- Procrastination is their common, rapidly developing habit.
As parents know, it is the most precious and hardest time for each adolescent but they do not know how they control and deal with their agitated and annoyed emotions. Parents can play an important role to make an agreement between their stirred emotions and motives.
Emotionally immature teens get disappointed frequently because anxiety and sadness goes keeping hand in hand that affects the physical and mental health. Emotional disturbance reduces intelligence and bring down activeness of thinking and reasoning. Daily output of teens decreases due to neglecting of central task of present time. As psychologists say – present activities determined one’s future. But they involve themselves in the habit of making excuse. Anxiety, stress, upset mood weaken physical health and mental health. Physical activities also pushed back for unlimited time because of idleness. Wasting of time in these precious years invites bad luck of an individual.
Therefore the role of parents to guide their teens is important so that they would be able to make a consolidate correlation between emotions and goals.
Develop a Consolidate Correlation between Emotions and Motives
Emotions naturally occur in the form of flowing water. Water always flows to down. Emotions also works like as flowing water. If the golden bridle of discipline is not used, these are not control and civilization cannot be developed as civilization comes through training of emotion. Training of emotions of a teen is like to climb the mountain where is no any smooth road and path to reach at the destination. As reaching at the destination is one’s purpose like to target one’s goal that can be fixed in the age of twelve to sixteen. Parents should focus at their teen’s interest and help to channelize their potential and attention.
Role of Mothers
Largely mothers show their affection by tears in the favor of their teen’s future as the reason of sympathy. At the present of time, sympathy may work like an antibiotic dose of teen’s mental health but may be resulted in cowardice for teens. Teens do not know the reality of the world as they are habitual to use social media and interested in playing online games. On the other hand internet connected world encourage them to make efforts to set their goal and achieve these by work hard. Mothers should help their adolescents courageously in the favor of setting goal and be a primary guide for them. Change in behavior of a teen should be noticed carefully as use of alcohol and drugs can be ruined their life. A book of William Glasser – ‘For Parents and Teens’ – should be read to guide your teens.
Parents also try to know their curiosity and try to develop self-awareness. Self-awareness helps to control over without bridle emotions. A pleasure conversation with annoyed and irritated teens will help to cool down their raised temper as they are innocent and inexperienced. Parents should try to be a good listener. It will help to cultivate a faith among teens – their parents are their guide. This type of thinking will develop a unity with their motives and emotions. It will assist them to be a creator. On the other hand laziness, procrastination, stress, aggressiveness habits work for developing fragmented personality and fragmented personalities can never do any work in the complete form. The consequences receive in the form of failure and failure disturbs the full life of an individual. Parents own dedicated response help teens to check up their undesirable emotional attitude and channelized their potential. Parents should suggest their loving teens to read an E-book , ‘The Astonished Power of Emotions’.